[Gllug] Fedora 11 gets it wrong

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu Jun 11 09:59:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:55:46AM +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:33:01AM +0100, Jose Luis Martinez wrote:
>
> > > Whaaaat ? To be trained by some company you have to sign an NDA !!!!
> > > What sort of company/training was it ?
> > > Does this mean that you can't put the certificate on your CV ?
> >

> > You can put the certificate in your CV of course, you can't talk about
> > the training in general terms.
> >
> > All companies certainly forbid you (RH included) to divulge the
> > questions in the exam, which makes sense of course.
>
> That is quite reasonable, but from what I understood from the OP he was not
> allowed to say that he had been on a training course with the company,
> it is that that I find astounding.

You can certainly say you've taken the exam (would there be any point
to the certification otherwise??).  The NDA is, as Jose said, to
ensure you don't publish the questions, so that everyone who takes the
exam starts from the same level.

It's reputed to be a very hard exam.  So hard I've never dared to take
it :-)

http://www.redhat.com/certification/rhce/

Rich.

--