[Gllug] Fedora 11 gets it wrong

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 16:40:59 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Peter Corlett<abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:

> I gather that Red Hat support is not worth the paper it's written
> on unless you require trivial Unix hand-holding

I guess it depends. Any sufficiently large company will have a broad
spectrum of customer support responses, with some customers going away
pleased, and others going away fuming. From my personal experience, Red
Hat support is significantly better than most of the other big industry
names (Sun, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft etc), and only Cisco have been as
good. YMMV.

>> It sounds like you've not had much exposure to RHEL lately. Perhaps you
>> might like to look into one of our training courses? :)
>
> That depends. How much would you pay me to attend, and will I have to drink
> any Kool-Aid?

To be fair, Red Hat seem to require the consumption of far less Kool-Aid
than pretty much anyone else (including other linux vendors). The company
certainly has its faults, but that doesn't seem to be one of them from
what I've seen.

Tet

--
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to
understand the exponential function -- Albert Bartlett
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk