[Gllug] Acer Aspire Revo - opinions

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Tue Jun 16 10:35:19 UTC 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:30:29 +0100, John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk>
wrote about the Acer Aspire Revo:
[snip]

I forgot to mention the Nvidia Ion graphics chip.  This works OK under the
default drivers but to get the best from it I'm afraid I downloaded and
installed the non-free Nvidia driver.  There isn't one listed as supporting
the Ion so I just chose the latest x86 one and that seems to work
perfectly.

Power consumption is in the 19-24W range - rather more than an Acer Aspire
One, and I was hoping for less.  Presumably the extra is taken up by the
Ion graphics, but I'm going to try some experiments with spinning the HDD
down and see what happens.

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk