[Gllug] Fedora 11 gets it wrong

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:43:50 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Karanbir Singh<mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> Besides, if there are more than a few, then kickstarting would be the
> way to go. Would still be nice to have 'everything available' in the
> text installs, but since its not: I'm just saying that the vnc route
> might be something usable.

Yes. It's a poor design decision, and the lack of a proper text installer
is certainly suboptimal. But VNC is just about usable as a substitute.
That said, when I mentioned that the servers I use are in a datacentre
many miles away, for some of them, the value of "many" is 6000 miles,
and the network links are less than ideal. Using VNC to certain parts
of the orient is going to be painful.

Tet

--
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to
understand the exponential function -- Albert Bartlett
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk