[Gllug] [OT] CPU Coolers / MS9620

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Jun 14 11:15:19 UTC 2009

On 06/14/2009 07:50 AM, John Winters wrote:
>> Anyone know what replacement coolers I might be able to get for this MoBo ?
> 1) Leave the existing coolers in place and just replace their fans.  The
> coolers look like quite good copper ones and it's only the fan which
> actually makes a noise.  A good clean and a replacement high-quality fan
>   (each) might make all the difference.

I did try and remove the fans from the heatsinks, however, the screws
looks to be glued in ( or are just really really tight in there ). I
guess this is the best way to go in case nothing else works out.

> 2) If you are going to replace the coolers you'll probably need to
> remove the m/b from the case and then remove the cooler mounts from the
> other side of the m/b.  That's what I've had to do when fitting new
> heatsinks.

yup, thats what it looks like. John from quietpc actually emailed me
with this link :
http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/heatsinkacc/uniretkit

..which might do the trick, replace the mounts completely and just use a
regular cooler set, rather than trying to find a cooler that matches the
mounts.

thanks,

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk