[Gllug] Fedora 11 gets it wrong

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Wed Jun 10 05:46:51 UTC 2009

John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk> writes:

> Tethys wrote:
>> Aaaarrrgggghhhh!!! From the release notes, it seems you still can't
>> install the OS in text mode unless you're prepared to forgo things
>> like LVM, which quite frankly, I consider essential. I just can't
>> understand why they keep getting this wrong. Morons. FWIW, Ubuntu
>> is just as bad[1]. Maybe I'm just a dying breed that sees a GUI as
>> unnecessary and unwanted clutter on a server. It seems Linux really
>> is doomed to become Windows -- i.e., just another desktop OS that
>> is woefully inadequate for server use.
>>
>> Yes, I've had a bad day, and I'm ranting. But still... maybe one
>> day I'll have enough time to play around with LFS and do it properly.
>
> Give in to your anger young man.  Let it flow through you - turn to the
> dark side and become all powerful.  Use Debian!

Or the Ubuntu text installer which, last time I checked, came on one or
other of the Ubuntu CDs and is the same as the [fully featured even
though partman is thoroughly evil] Debian installer.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk