[Gllug] PDF creation

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 13:04:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:

> Use groff, you can then get it to do a bit of nice formatting for you:
>
> groff -ma4 -mm  -etpsR file.mm > $Tmpf.ps
> ps2pdf $Tmpf.ps $Tmpf.pdf

This is indeed more or less exactly how my invoices are generated
(I use a bit of sed to populate a template input file with the
invoice data, and another bit of sed magic after layout to add
a watermark to the PostScript, before converting to PDF). Out of
interest, why use -mm macros? I've always used -ms, but that's
just because that's what I was brought up with.  A brief glance
doesn't seem to show much substantial difference between the two.
Is it just a BSD vs AT&T heritage thing?

Tet

--
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to
understand the exponential function -- Albert Bartlett
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk