[Gllug] here we go again... (was: Light weight GUI for Linux)

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue Jun 23 11:26:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:20:53PM +0100, Jose Luis Martinez wrote:

> Unless the convention pretty much elsewhere but this list is to top post.
>
> Then this list is the one that becomes annoying at times.
>
> At the end this is just a convention, and I happily abide by it, but to
> pretend this is the natural, normal or even conventional way to follow
> discussions in lists of this kind is simply ludicrous.

Reply to questions before you have had them asked ?

So, how do you have your conversations ?

That might be OK for Mystic Meg, but not for mortals like me.

The reason that many people 'top post' is because :

a) the idiots a microsoft who wrote MS Outlook put the cursor there when you hit 'reply'.
b) most people have not been trained to use email effectively.

That is what is 'ludicrous'.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/