[Gllug] WiFi modem / routers etc - recommendations for increased

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Mon Jun 8 07:08:44 UTC 2009

On Mon 08 Jun, Bob Giles wrote:

> I accept that to get the maximum coverage there will have to also be an
> outlay for additional wireless adaptors.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA.
>
> Bob Giles.

   If you already have an ISDN modem/router that works you do not need to
replace it. You could install one or more Wireless Access Points to cover
poor reception areas, available in standard and high power versions, and
there is a high power version designed to give area coverage. Unfortunately
there is no absolute guarantee about which would be best in the conditions.
   I have seen various models at 3ADL in Park Royal, they are "Trade Only",
but mention GLLUG. Add VAT to quoted prices. Their website does not cover
their entire range of stock, www.3adl.com.

Chris Bell NEW address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk