[Gllug] here we go again... (was: Light weight GUI for Linux)

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 16:28:46 UTC 2009

2009/6/23 Andy Millar <andy at andymillar.co.uk>:
>> > My MUA also puts the cursor at the top of the file. That's so I can scroll
>> > down and actually *read* the message while I'm editing. Top-posting almost
>> > implies that you didn't bother to read the message before firing off a
>> > response, which is rather rude.

We've been through this before.... If you want to continue then please
do, But this does not thing good to encourage Linux use in London!

Any way its not Top Posting Vs Bottom Posting. what we actually want
is people write were it makes most sense, Ie add a Intro/Summary if
needed (at the top) then comment after each point (in the middle) and
continue with any new stuff at the bottom and cut anything that is
nothing to do with what they are saying.

What we don't want is 15 pages of rubbish at the bottom that is a
brief history of life the universe and everything. Post what you need
to post neither more nor less.

Peter.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk