[Gllug] Audit Season...

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Jun 23 23:56:53 UTC 2009

On 23 Jun 2009, Alain Williams verbalised:
> So, what are you going to do?
>
> 1) Run the commands that he asked you to and get to leave the office early.
>
> 2) Explain that his instructions are so last millenium and show how
>    they should be redone with 'less' and /etc/shadow. Get to leave on time.

'And, oh, btw, we're running Kerberos, good luck.'

I found the idea of using inetd.conf as an indication of what services
were running particularly laughable. That only lists the stuff that's so
unimportant that you don't want to run it as a daemon itself... netstat -ap
would be much better, but given that this auditor doesn't even seem to know
of the existence of less(1)...
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk