[Gllug] here we go again... (was: Light weight GUI for Linux)

Phil Reynolds phil-gllug at tinsleyviaduct.com
Wed Jun 24 05:43:18 UTC 2009

Quoting "Peter Corlett" <abuse at cabal.org.uk>:

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:26:54PM +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> Top-posting almost implies that you didn't bother to read the message
> before firing off a response, which is rather rude.

It frequently turns out to be true as well. On many occasions I have
answered a question only to have someone top-post an answer to me.

I only top-post:

(a) on forwarding, where it is the conventional thing to explain if
needed at the top.
(b) on a certain newsgroup, when my response is to a message by a
particular user who has a screenreader not designed to handle
conventionally constructed followups.
(c) on another family of mailing lists I am on where, because of the
same reason as in (b), it is "the done thing". I rarely post to that
family of lists for that reason.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-gllug at tinsleyviaduct.com
Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk