[Gllug] Netbook recommendations?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Thu Jun 11 20:46:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:32:34PM +0100, Jose wrote:

> Needless to say I want something that runs Linux, either as sold or
> that can receive it without much tinkering (I no longer have the
> patience to spend long sessions making a home machine work :-) ).
>
> I would appreciate your experiences and recommendations on this regard.

OK, this is a little cheeky but you didn't actually specify price as a
factor...

Try a MacBook.  Well designed, small footprint, installation is smooth
and well supported by an eager Linux community.  Also, every so often
you get a moment of priceless comedy when a Mac-head spots your
hardware, gives you the smug smile of Mac-head fraternity... and then
does a wtf double-take when they see your screen.

--
Bruce

I must admit that the existence of Disneyland (which I know is real)
proves that we are not living in Judea in AD 50. -- Philip K. Dick