[Gllug] Hi!

isabell121 at gmail.com isabell121 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 08:44:31 UTC 2009

2009/6/28 Matthew King <matthew.king at monnsta.net>:
> Jose Luis Martinez <jjllmmss at googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 9:50 PM, Caroline
>> Ford<caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> 2009/6/27  <isabell121 at gmail.com>:
>>> Welcome! This isn't the friendliest list for newcomers, to be honest.
>>> It seems to consist mainly of old male sysadmins. The lug also barely
>>> meets.
>>
>> Which bit do you object to...
>>
>>  Old?
>>
>>  Male?
>>
>>  Sysadmin?
>>
>> :-D
>>
>> Reading the list reminds me of the Xmas program of Grumpy Old Men ...
>
> Some of us are grumpy young mail sysadmins.

Haha I like that!  Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me.  I am not going to be here for the next two months as I am moving (to the Greater London area), so that email was rather pointless.  I will still have internet at places with free WiFi though, such as McDonalds.  I'm sure you're not all grumpy, IRC seems quite pleasant!

Jose, why shouldn't I say that I use Ubuntu?  Isn't that an acceptable distro?  Surely if you use Linux you use Linux, there aren't many people out there who do that I've found!  The younger generation using Linux is good, in my opinion!  Or is Ubuntu just for new people, noobs?  Which distribution would you suggest, then?

Thanks,

Isabell.
--
Regards,