[Gllug] Monitor detection and screen modes in Debian Lenny

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:26:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM, - Tethys <tethys at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have no idea what the "correct" way to do it is these days, but I've
> always found "vi /etc/X11/xorg.conf" to work.

I should point out that in part, this is due to the uselessness of the
GUI front ends I've used (be it on RH/Fedora, Debian or Ubuntu). They
all seem to work for the simple cases, but for whatever reason, my
systems never seem to fall into the simple category. The Red Hat
system-config-display utility used to work flawlessly before they made
it work using D-Bus and HAL. Now it doesn't :-( So much for
progress...

Tet

--
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to
understand the exponential function -- Albert Bartlett
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk