[Gllug] [OT] Support model for Linux vs M$

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sat Mar 14 12:50:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 06:27:04AM +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 01:15 +0000, j.roberts wrote:
> > Yes, that's what I mean. Interoperability should be required by statute
> > for basic functionality and interfaces.
>
> It's too Utopian to expect MS and Apple to reveal their inner workings.

Microsoft and Apple rely on the state for many things: their own
incorporation, the police for stability, the (C) police for their
business model, the roads to move their workers and products around,
and much more.  If we want to force Microsoft to reveal their
interfaces, you'd better believe we have the power to make that
happen.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones