[Gllug] Grauniad Technology

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 20 06:52:31 UTC 2009

2009/3/19 Jose Luis Martinez <jjllmmss at googlemail.com>:

> He is talking about his first foraging into Linux around a decade ago,
> where one had to dabble often in the CL to get things done. It wasn't
> productive work in the sense of getting things done, nevertheless was
> interesting and fun.

I rather politely disagree, on two counts:

a) a decade ago I started using Linux at St Thomas Hospital in London.
Subsequently went to work in the Framestore, where Linux was already
well entrenched, not on the rendering and effects side yet but in
systems monitoring and terminal serving machines. I put in a SuSE
email/groupware/LDAP server for a whole company at that time.

b) He still tries very hard to pick holes in SuSE 11 and Xubuntu
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk