[Gllug] To LLU or Not to LLU?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 25 11:51:27 UTC 2009

On Wed 25 Mar, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Chris Bell wrote:
> >    I have discovered that my ISP, Demon/Thus, having sold out to C&W, will
> > upgrade to ADSL2+ by switching to LLU via C&W.
>
> Moving to  LLU circuit cut my bills by half, and quadrupled the internet
> speeds.
>
> - KB

   My costs will be the same, my (estimated) sync speed is not likely to be
affected much by the move to ADSL2+, but my current download rate is
currently being throttled somewhere, probably because Demon do not wish to
pay for a temporary increase in capacity, so could increase until C&W decide
to add their own restrictions later.

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
www.overview.demon.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk