[Gllug] RSI: Was VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

Balbir Thomas balbir.thomas at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 03:30:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 5:13 AM, Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> wrote:
>  http://www.reason.com/news/show/29944.htm

Thanks for that interesting link. I think i'll save myself the effort
of a dovrak typing tutor.

The kinesis keyboard is quite expensive though I have heard good things about
it. As a grad student I could only afford Microsoft ergonomic and have been
quite happy with it (almost 7-8 years now). No numbness and pain. It was 30$
then for the basic model. Though the palm rest could have been softer.
 Another thing that helped was a tip from a physiotherapist in trying to
 identify and eliminate causes for psychological stress while using
the mouse or keyboard. She pointed out that if one is too excited or tense,
the muscles tighten (for instance, when playing a game or using a
paint program),
which increases the chances of RSI and pain. (Oddly enough I am a total retard
when it comes to computer games and Paint programs, but that didn't
save me from being RSI prone)

regards
bt
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk