[Gllug] wireless setup

Diana Scott dianascott1 at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Mar 8 21:34:35 UTC 2009

I have undo what i typed in the wpa_supplicant.conf file.

I have used wpa_gui but it doesn't work. what are the front end GUI to wpa_supplicant available ?

I have been reading up reference books on the subject. Do you know where I can read more about wpa_supplicant ?

Diana

> > A box came up said "could not get status from wpa_supplicant and all
> > the spaces under surrent status for adopters, network , ssid , ip
> > address are blanked out.
> >
> > Do you know what have I done wrong ?
>
> I think what you have done wrong is edit the wpa_supplicant config file
> directly, without enough knowledge of it.  There are a lot of parameters
> you can tweak and get wrong, if you are not careful.  My advice was to
> use one of the GUI tools that act as a front-end to wpa_supplicant; they
> will take the basic details you give them (wpa2, private key, ssid) and
> try a succession of different wpa_supplicant configurations until
> something works.  My adice to you *now* is to undo the changes you made
> to wpa_supplicant.conf and try one of those helper utilities.
>
> --
> Bruce

 25GB of FREE Online Storage – Find out more
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665320/direct/01/