[Gllug] RSI: Was VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Mar 4 23:22:50 UTC 2009

On 4 Mar 2009, James Laver outgrape:

> On Wed, March 4, 2009 12:15 am, Nix wrote:
>>
>> As I said, I stick to QWERTY for code, and shell scripts count as code.
>> There's no point using a layout optimized for typing English text when
>> what you're typing isn't English :)
>
> How about programmer dvorak, the only alternative layout that ever
> interested me to the point of testing, finding I couldn't be arsed and
> giving up? (twice!)

I've never tried it (or indeed heard of it)...

> http://www.kaufmann.no/roland/dvorak/

... and as pointed out on this page it's not really going to be useful
on curved keyboards anyway, and those are the only types I use.

--
`We must stand together and fight for our shared cultural heritage as a
 group of people who cannot stand together to fight for our shared
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk