[Gllug] Testing spam filter

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 8 12:08:17 UTC 2009

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 10:46:58 +0000 Dylan <dylan at dylan.me.uk> wrote:

> On Sunday 08 March 2009, t.clarke wrote:
> > "If you don't get any spam, its working....."
> >
> > what about 'false positives' where the filter rejects genuine maiol
> > as spam?
>
> Have the filter sandbox the spam and check it manually until you are
> sure it's working properly (or to your satisfaction)
>
> Dx
>

> > Tim

You'll need to do this to get rid of false negatives as well.

This discussion is a bit abstract, since you've not said which spam
filter you're using. They all work differently and all need different
strategies. which strategy to use will also depend on your own use of
email.

So could we have some details please, and then we can help,

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk