[Gllug] Historical performance reporting

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 01:54:54 UTC 2009

Hi,

>> I'm a bit puzzled that all the documentation seems to indicate there
>> are clusters of machines...
>
> Errrr... the original authors set out to monitor clusters of machines?

Sorry - all I meant was I was finding it hard to translate into a
non-clustered environment, but I think I've got it now - I just think
of groups of servers, eg webservers, or rhel4 servers as a cluster.

>> Suppose in my lab I set up 3 VMs, and one for running ganglia - how
>> would I go about gathering info on those 3 vms?
>
> a) run the gemetad daemon on the 'one for running ganglia'
>
> b) run gmond on the 3 VMs

Yep - got all that working - I must say I'm very impressed indeed.
Anyone runnin gmond on Solaris and Windows machines, and aggregating
on Linux?  That's the next thing to test.

> c) buy me beer

:D - any time - unfortunately I won't be at the meeting tomorrow, but soon!

S.
--
Stephen Nelson-Smith
Technical Director