[Gllug] Grauniad Technology

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Mar 20 10:44:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:52:01PM +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:
[...]
> You have to remember one crucial thing when you see an asinine article
> like that: it was written by a journalist. Worse yet, by a Guardian
> Journalist.

You're showing your Linux zealotry and/or political bias here.

That was a broadly positive fluffy piece noting that Linux desktops are now
usable but there are still some rough edges. It's written by the editor of
Comment is Free (aka "CiF"), a section that appears to enjoy stirring
controversy in things such as religion and politics, so I'm guessing that
he's not particularly technically-minded but is giving it a go anyway. Good
on him.

As an aside, one of the most commented-on articles in CiF was basically "PC
versus Mac", with a flood of rabid fanboys causing the blog cluster (running
Linux, as it so happens) to get rather sulky.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk