[Gllug] RSI: Was VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Wed Mar 11 04:08:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:05:43AM +0000, Stuart Children wrote:
> Funny you should say that... :( I've been pretty fine for years [1], but last
> couple of weeks things have got bad. My right thumb in particular - pain over
> the top of the first knuckle, swollen, stiff (doesn't want to flex very far -
> though it can). Been to the doctor who's ordered an x-ray and we'll see what
> he says after that, but "RSI" is screaming in my head. I wouldn't have
> expected it to come on so suddenly though.

I got myself a wrist split (glove) to keep my hand in a neutral position,
payed more attention  where i put my hands when not typing, folding them not
resting the wrists on the desk and started left hand trackballing, this has
ment my flare up which was so bad i was taking constant pain killers has all
but cleared up after a month.

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk