[Gllug] [O/T] Grr... new keyboard

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Fri Mar 13 17:22:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 15:04 +0000, j.roberts wrote:
> Andy Millar wrote:
> > I suspect that I respond to around 30% of my email from my Blackberry.
>
> All our younger staff use BB exclusively - old-style email is dying, I
> think.

Which reasonably comes down to the right tool for the job regardless of
any current fad pushing an "alternative" solution.

Collaborative discussions amongst many participants is not handled well
via a CrackBerry. Yes it is at your finger tips and satisfies the
respond to it now criteria of some scenarios. That does not justify
substituting CrackBerry communication for other methods in all
situations.

This scenario is similar to the one where CrackBerry addicts ignore the
fact that sometimes a phone call is more appropriate that a "quick"
message. . . even though they are typing into a phone!

Effective and efficient, are King and Queen. Speed and convenience are
just factors to consider. If you make speed and convenience the most
important things then you will eventually eliminate any value of what
you started with.

Justin

--
If you are an adult, you can choose to act like a child. If you do not
accept being an adult, you are only a child. -JJJ

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk