[Gllug] To LLU or Not to LLU?

Juergen Schinker ba1020 at homie.homelinux.net
Thu Mar 26 15:28:32 UTC 2009

>> the network needs to be split from the suppliers
>
> Why? So you cat get your high-quality rose-scented gas?

actually a good idea i would pay more for it

no seriously to have a choice for my supplier

> Or maybe you want your electricity to be 110V @60Hz.

also good i would prefer 48V=  that would spare me all the trafos

> When private companies are given control of essential infrastructure,
> that is bad. When that problem is solved by giving more companies
> control, it doesn't get better.

well the railways are privatized and they are worse ok

but in many countries the Privatization of telecommunications was a huge
  success

> In fact I'd like BT, or whatever the government-controlled[1]
> organisation would be called, to give me a IP block (4 and 6) and an
> ethernet port and then get out of the way, allowing me to choose my
> phone provider in the same way I choose my search engine and I'd like to
> pay no more for it than is necessary for the installation and
> maintenance.

same here except that i don't like BT
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk