[Gllug] [OT] Support model for Linux vs M$

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Thu Mar 12 17:29:10 UTC 2009

salsaman at xs4all.nl writes:

> On Thu, March 12, 2009 15:40, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> I also don't know a decent FOSS
>> equivalent of QuickBooks for running the accounts of SME businesses. And
>> by decent I mean one that won't cost me more than the relatively modest
>> cost of QuickBooks in fiddling time and frustration.
>>

> I haven't looked, but I am pretty sure there are decent Free alternatives

I use gnucash and for what I want it to do it's reasonably good.  For
the little while when being self-employed actually meant something it
managed what I needed it to manage.  Whether it's good enough for a
small business I don't know but it's clearly targeted at that market.

I've never used any other product except Sage and all I did then was
show some luser how to click on the save icon or something equally
inane, so I must ask - what do sage/quickbooks do that gnucash doesn't?

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk