[Gllug] To LLU or Not to LLU?

j.roberts j.roberts at stabilys.com
Wed Mar 25 11:53:43 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Chris Bell wrote:
>>    I have discovered that my ISP, Demon/Thus, having sold out to C&W, will
>> upgrade to ADSL2+ by switching to LLU via C&W.
>
> Moving to  LLU circuit cut my bills by half, and quadrupled the internet
> speeds.

Some time ago Pipex (pre-Tiscali) moved me to LLU (without my consent -
I'd paid BT for the connection) and my speed dropped by 50%, connection
quality even worse.

I therefore requested a MAC which was refused as they had LLU'd me.

I had to pay a reconnection charge to move to Entanet (not their fault).

So I (or my co.) ended up paying twice for the same thing without any
benefit.

YMMV.

--

James Roberts