[Gllug] Linux has arrived

James Laver gllug at jameslaver.com
Sat Mar 21 17:42:46 UTC 2009

On Sat, March 21, 2009 4:57 pm, Nix wrote:
> On 21 Mar 2009, Benjamin Donnachie outgrape:
>
>> 2009/3/21 Christopher Hunter <cehunter at gb-x.org>:
>>> That's exactly what happened to me the other day - I took out my
>>> Ubuntu-loaded laptop on the train and fired it up.  The woman next to
>>> me
>>> asked "Do you prefer Gnome or kde?".  I was stunned!
>>
>> Did you spend the rest of the journey arguing which was better and
>> bickering about vi over emacs?
>
> Why would they bother? The answer is self-evident.
>
> ;}}}}}}

Apparently so. Poor vi users can't have an email client in their editor
and are thus found accidentally trying to edit text in a vi-like manner
through a client that can't support it.*

Should've gone to specsavers^W^W^Wlearned emacs.

</troll>

--James
*And besides which, vi is hard enough to use on a normal keyboard, let
alone on your maltron.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk