[Gllug] OT: Latex \newtheorem

Mark Williams mark at aziraphale.homeip.net
Sun Mar 8 21:45:03 UTC 2009

> I'm using \newtheorem{theorem}{Theorem} to create a new environment
> for type setting mathematical theorems.
>
> However, I want the text in normal Roman, not italic.
>
> I've googled for it but can't find a solution.  Can anyone help?

The `\theorembodyfont{\rmfamily}' definition (before declaring your
theorem environment) does this in the standard theorem package that
comes with the TeX Live distribution of LaTeX2e in Debian.

<flame>But if all you want to do is mess about with the default
typefaces set by real typographers, why don't you just use a sodding
word processor?</flame> :-).

--
Mark
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk