[Gllug] Yoof got mail

Alistair Mann gllug at lgeezer.net
Fri Mar 13 14:57:54 UTC 2009

David L Neil Mailing list a/c wrote:
> He asks, as if I have ANY IDEA, if such a thing can be done on a PC? I
> wouldn't have thought that the little utility-beep speaker would be so
> responsive (and he doesn't (yet) have any external MM speakers and nor
> is the boss (currently) of a mood to add them given the current
> atmosphere of complaint...). Does this make the remotest amount of sense
> or am I sleepless in Seattle? Anyone know anything about such frivolities?

I don't know the range of the internal speaker, but you can test it
yourself using linux: beep -f 14000 for 14Khz, and it will make efforts
up to 20Khz.

http://saunderslog.com/2006/06/12/the-mosquito-ring-tone-this-adult-can-hear-it/
seems to have a suitable mp3. Funnily enough, I can hear it fine -- and
I'm well beyond teenagerdom. Could he use that instead, through the main
speakers?

Cheers,
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk