[Gllug] [O/T] Grr... new keyboard

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Mar 11 09:26:43 UTC 2009

On 11 Mar 2009, at 00:00, James Holland wrote:
[...]
> I'm not sure how reasonable it is, however the only comprehensible
> answer that I remember reading last year in a similar discussion was:
>
> 'These are the rules of our group. Stick to them!'

Well, I think they're quite reasonable: they merely state and explain
the implicit posting rules for mailing lists and newsgroups. The rules
aren't arbitrary; they've been slowly formed through decades of
experience and are the most effective way we know of to efficiently
communicate in this medium.

In any case, reasonable or not, those are the rules. If you don't like
them, go and form your own mailing list. It'll either fall apart
because it's difficult to follow and understand, or you'll find that
it'll adopt similar rules even if just self-imposed by the majority of
posters.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk