[Gllug] Grauniad Technology

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Fri Mar 20 13:45:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:59:25PM +0000, John wrote:
> Classic FUD.

John, you really are off target on this one.  He's not even a regular
computing journo, but he says in the article that he's installed Ubuntu
on the one laptop that he takes everywhere with him and won't be going
back to Windows.

The only comment in the whole article that annoys me at all is the crack
about ugly window managers, because good looking, feature-rich desktop
environments have been available on Linux for over a decade.  And I'm
not that annoyed, because he's just not that familiar with what is
available or how to change to a different wm.

--
Bruce

I see a mouse.  Where?  There, on the stair.  And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill.  -- Harry Hill