[Gllug] ntfs defrag

Tue Mar 3 08:54:18 UTC 2009

Lucy Peters wrote:
> I have a ntfs partition for my data files. I know Windows xp has a
> program to de-fragment the ntfs drive in order to improve the speed of
> accessing the data to the disk. Are there a similar program in linux to
> provide such data maintenance for the disk?

An NTFS defragger is slated to be part of ntfsprogs, but it's not
actually there yet:
http://www.linux-ntfs.org/doku.php?id=ntfsdefrag

This is all I've heard of as far as NTFS degragging software under
Linux. Though it's been a while since I last looked particularly
actively, I've been keeping my eye out for some.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk ;)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk