[Gllug] Horde IMP Character Set Warnings

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Fri Mar 6 17:03:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 03:42:35PM +0000, James wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 08:04 +0000, Harry Rickards wrote:
> > Horde allows you tonread and send signed and encrypted GPG emails. It
> > also offers a calendar along with email and contacts. Also, I don't
> > know if it's my browser, but Horde seems almost twice as fast opening
> > mail than Roundcube does.
>
> That's interesting. I've been using Roundcube as it has a nice ajax
> interface rather than the old-looking Squirrel Mail. Is Horde ajax?

No, it's a horrible mess of stuff that only works if you have Javascript
turned on but has none of the benefits of Ajax.  On the plus side, the
code is much better written than SquirrelMail (I still have nightmares
and it's years since I had to write plugins for it).

--
Bruce

If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too
simple to understand it.