[Gllug] speed up bootup

Diana Scott dianascott1 at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Mar 17 00:02:41 UTC 2009

When my ubuntu boot up the orange bar seemed to pause under the logo letter B for almost 55 seconds and then complete to fill up to the right.

I have installed bootchart from the site but I couldn't find the icon in the system.

Do you know where i can find it ?

Diana

> Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:09:25 +0000
> From: k.georgiou at imperial.ac.uk
> To: gllug at gllug.org.uk
> Subject: Re: [Gllug] speed up bootup
>
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 10:50:43PM +0000, Diana Scott wrote:
>

> > My ubuntu 8.10 takes nearly 2 minutes to boot up. I installed preload
> > and boot up manager to disable ntpdate, pcmcia, ppp, powernowd, rsync,
> > fetchmail and postfix but the boot up time still takes over one minute
> > and a half.
> >
> > What else can i do to speed up improve performance ?
>
> Install bootchart and look at the plot to find what is slowing down
> the boot.
> --

All your Twitter and other social updates in one place
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/