[Gllug] NYTimes: I.B.M., Looking to Buy Sun, Sets Up a Software Strategy

Thu Mar 19 07:55:34 UTC 2009

Interesting news to ponder this morning:-
Regards,
=dn

I.B.M., Looking to Buy Sun, Sets Up a Software Strategy
By STEVE LOHR and ASHLEE VANCE
Published: March 18, 2009

I.B.M.'s interest in acquiring the server computer maker Sun
Microsystems for nearly $7 billion may seem at first to be a reversal of
its recent efforts to move away from the hardware business.

But analysts say there is more to Sun than servers, which are used in
corporate data centers. They say its strengths in software, systems
design and research make it an attractive target.

 http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/19/technology/companies/19sun.html?_r=1&th&emc=th

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk