[Gllug] ed vs emacs/vi, was: ed vs emacs, was: OpenMoko Neo Freerunner

Andy Millar andy at andymillar.co.uk
Tue May 12 22:11:41 UTC 2009

>For working on large files and complex programs I am
>flabbergasted anyone would want to use a crusty old terminal app these
>days when there's so many nice editors out there like G-edit, Kate &
>Notepad++.

Is it worth mentioning that I use vim for all my development.

I really can't see why anyone would want to use a clunky bloated gui-based editor when there are so many nice editors out there like vi and vim.

Disclaimer: I have a slight bias towards vim and couldn't bring myself to mention any others. Whilst I am sure that there is a vast range of other terminal based editors that may be your more to your liking, my religious belief is that vim is the only true editor!

Andy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk