[Gllug] ed vs emacs/vi, was: ed vs emacs, was: OpenMoko Neo Freerunner

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Wed May 13 17:31:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 01:19:47PM -0400, general_email wrote:

> >   Indeed having options be discoverable is useful.  But after using
> >  Emacs for many many years now I don't think about things - I just
> >  move my fingers by magic.   I don't pause to remember "obscure"
> >  commands - I just use them.  Muscle memory is a powerful thing.
> >

> You've hit the nail on the head with "many many years".

It doesn't take "many, many years" to learn to use these tools
effectively.  But the adaptability and scalability of them is not
limited as it is with most GUI tools, so that continued years of
experience with them keeps on giving increased productiviy.

--
Bruce

Explota!: miles de lemmings no pueden estar equivocados.