[Gllug] How much system memory do I have?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri May 8 06:49:10 UTC 2009

On 7 May 2009, John Winters spake thusly:
> This too is now at the technological level of "dull".  Just install the 32
> bit compatibility libraries.  They're available in Debian 64 bit as a
> package so I presume they are also there in Ubuntu.

Well, sort of: I found I couldn't bootstrap GCC on a newish Ubuntu last
night without hacking it to turn off biarch support or disabling
libjava, because a bunch of libraries libjava requires aren't available
as 32-bit compat libraries.

I wish dpkg was really biarch so I could just install the damn things
from the i386 repo and have it automatically move the libs to
/usr/lib32 and delete everything else...
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk