[Gllug] best way to update a single production server?

Khusro Jaleel kerneljack at gmail.com
Tue May 5 09:52:08 UTC 2009

Thanks, guys, for all your feedback.

I assume, then, that if you have 2 web servers with failover (Xen,
LVS, firewall, whatever), then if you need to do a little DB storage,
let's say a simple User Guestbook, etc then it's best to put the DB on
another server, isn't it, or a NAS, etc? This is assuming a web server
that is 99% read-only, with only the occasional DB access.

Can you guys recommend a good NAS for this purpose, if that is a good solution?

I know DB mirroring between the 2 servers that are running in tandem
can be setup, but I don't think it would work as reliably? I know
sometimes you need to promote DB slaves to masters before they will
work?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk