[Gllug] [Lonix] Anyone go to CLOUD EXPO EUROPE?

Andrew Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Tue May 26 09:58:29 UTC 2009

On Tue May 26  5:16 , John Hearns  sent:

>2009/5/25 Dave English dave at lutnos.com>:
>> > When I got there I discovered it was billed as "Cloud Computing,
>> Virtualization & Open Source".  > What did impress me though was seeing a
lecture by Jon "maddog" Hall:

>> http://koolu.com/The-Koolu-Team/maddog.html
>>
>That's really frustrating. There is a conference on Open Source
>software with Maddog giving a talk, and GLLUG or LONIX  doesn't get
>informed.
>(ps. that's not a broadside at GLLUG admins  - I would imagine no
>notice was sent).
>And what's more we did not get the chance to take Maddog for beers/curry.

I actually see this more as a failing of the conference organizers and it may
explain the low attendance.  The organizers should have realized he would be a
draw and to whom he would appeal and advertised to these groups.  If all else
failed, they could have asked him who to advertise to and he would have let them
know that LUGs would be a good angle.

Andrew Farnsworth
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk