[Gllug] Terminals within Emacs

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:43:31 UTC 2009

Those of you who favour Emacs as a work environment, could you share
your experiences of using terminals / shells from within emacs?

I've experimented with eshell, and never really got on with term.
I've also found Tramp to be a shocker if there's any network glitches
- making the rest of my environment hang.

So - any top hints on using terminals inside emacs?  At present I
either run screen in a (gnome)terminal , and flick between emacs and
that, or I run emacs under screen, and multiplex using screen.

--
Stephen Nelson-Smith
Technical Director
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk