[Gllug] Hardware monitoring on IBM X335

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Fri May 15 12:32:31 UTC 2009

2009/5/15 Henrik Morsing <henrik at morsing.cc>:

> So, no then...

Closest I ever came to these things was similar MSI 1U nodes.
These are rebadged MSIs, if I'm not wrong. I can't remember the model
numbers, so they
may not be the equivalent to X335 but they do look similar. As I
remember we could get IPMI data
on temperature and fan speeds - the main drawback was that once you
powered the thing off via IPMI
you couldn't power it back up, as that type of IPMI can't do that.

They also have the simply lovely propery of having the soft rubber
buttons stick in the 'on' position,
meaning the PSU self-destructs. Happy days. You are warned by your
hardware supplier not to fiddle
with the buttons using a paperclip, but you end up having to.
We just told people never to use the buttons, just plug in the mains
cord and leave 'em set to come up when
power is applied, or use a controllable rack PDU.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk