[Gllug] best way to update a single production server?

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Wed May 6 10:18:18 UTC 2009

> You'd think, wouldn't you. As I spent the whole of the bank holiday
> weekend in the datacentre picking up the pieces after our
> super-duper-can't-stop-won't-stop SAN stopped, I'm a bit sore on this
> point :-(

Thats where IBM come in, they do something called an SVC that is a cluster
of servers that sits in front of your san, and can use mirrored storage, or
even remote syncing to a standby site, it will buffer changes if the slaved
storage is not available. Whats rather nice is the SVC makes sure your
storage is aways written in order so if there is a failure the backup is
aways consistant. The SVC OS is linux, not AIX.

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk