[Gllug] Stripped down CentOS 5.3

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Mon May 25 14:57:13 UTC 2009

--------

Hakuna Matata writes:

>I want to uninstall/Strip down the CentOS with all packages except the
>below. could someone please advise or point me to the right approach.

Get a list of packages installed on the system with "rpm -qa".
Then pick the ones you don't want, and "yum erase" them. Be warned
that like most modern Linux distributions, RHEL/CentOS has far more
package dependencies than it should, so you may not be able to get
rid of some packages you'd like to without also ridding your system
of some others that you did want. Trial and error is probably your
best bet here.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk