[Gllug] Which architecture?

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Fri May 1 13:34:27 UTC 2009

Steve Kemp <steve at steve.org.uk> writes:

> On Fri May 01, 2009 at 09:33:42 +0100, John Winters wrote:
>
>   You'll still be able to run i386 software, and if you wish you can
>  create an entirely separate i386 environment/chroot - something you
>  cannot do the other way round.

Well that's not strictly true. You can run a 64-bit kernel with a 32-bit
userland, thus allowing for the possibility of a 64-bit chroot.

Why you'd want to is left as an exercise for the reader.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk