[Gllug] ed vs emacs/vi, was: ed vs emacs, was: OpenMoko Neo Freerunner

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Fri May 15 11:59:53 UTC 2009

On 15 May 2009, at 12:56, Nix wrote:

> That is not how one uses Emacs. vi, yes, but Emacs takes over the
> terminal
> and then you run shells *inside* it.

That would be nice, but again, I haven't found a decent terminal
emulator for emacs.

term.el is severely lacking, even to the point where the first thing I
have to do when m-x term'ing is set PS1='$ ' because otherwise my
custom PS1 will take up the screen because it doesn't recognise OR
remove ansi escapes that I happen to use to colour my prompt (helps me
pick out the information).

And then I'm not convinced about term navigation either. Frankly, I
prefer good ol' bash.

--James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk