[Gllug] usb memory stick tracker applet

Jose Luis Martinez jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Thu May 28 22:17:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Lucy Peters <lucypeters at mail.com> wrote:
> After I insert my 2Gb usb memory stick into my ubuntu 9.04 and a box came in
> the middle of the screen said "Tracker Applet - There was an error while
> performing indexing : index corrupted" There are three tick boxes underneath
> "Reindex all contents", "cancel" or "ok" .
>
> If I click "Reindex all contents", the box will disappear but reappear after
> I have been to other disk drives.
>
> If I click "cancel" or "ok" the box will reappear everytime I click and it
> wouldn't stop unless I shut down the system.
>
> Do you know how to fix this problem?
>
> Lucy

The Tracker applet is in the top bar, right hand side (it looks like a
magnifying glass), right click on the icon and click the "Preferences"
option, check the "Ignored FIles" tab, you can set paths to be ignored
by the indexing of your files, I suppose putting there /media (or
wherever the temporary devices are mounted) should alleviate the
problem.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk